Major Rob Staruch is a Plastic Surgical Trainee in HM Forces. His interests lie in the Mechanobiology of Trauma, using muscle-on-a-chip technology and Split Hopkinson Pressure Bar techniques to understand and mitigate high strain rate loading.
- Trauma Mechanobiology
- Bioengineered Therapeutics
- 3D in vitro models
- MBbcH University of Wales College of Medicine/ Cardiff University 2004 – 2009
- DMCC Diploma of Management of Medical Catastrophes 2012
- Msc Master’s in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 2014
- Fulbright Scholarship Harvard University 2016
Journal and conference publications
- Regenerative medicine and war: a front-line focus for UK defence. Spear AM, Lawton G, Staruch RMT, Rickard RF.
- Injectable Pore-Forming Hydrogel Scaffolds for Complex Wound Tissue Engineering: Designing and Controlling Their Porosity and Mechanical Properties. Staruch RM, Glass GE, Rickard R, Hettiaratchy SP, Butler PE.